Becoming a Lone Ranger 

After spending time on the beach in Klong Dao we decided it was time for a scenery change and headed for Kantiang Bay towards the south of the island. Home to the wonderful Drunken Sailor restaurant it was another great place to sit, lounge in a hammock and read a book whilst eating actual real bread and drinking coffee. So that’s pretty much all me and Charlotte did for days on end. We were based in a beachfront hut and thoroughly enjoyed whiling the time away laughing at my terrible book and naming the local population of geckos.

And then things took a dramatic turn… We went for one last swim in the sea before we left the bay and it was rather rocky. After declaring once and for all that there were no rocks I kicked out to swim as you do… And promptly broke my middle toe. After the incident with my big toe just before Shanghai I can conclude that Asia does not like my poor toes!! Luckily Charlotte helped me limp to 7/11 where I could stock up on paracetamol, and Why Not Bar’s cocktails helped to ease the pain!


Whilst we were in the bay we decided to take a trip to Lanta Old Town. After chatting to the travel agent we’d made friends with he got his mates air conditioned car to drive us there and back and then up to the port where we were staying the night before the ferry in the morning. The Old Town was really nice to wander around for an hour or so and the port was actually a great place to spend another day. We managed to get a really nice kebab from a street food vendor and were very sad to leave Koh Lanta.


The next day me Charlotte and a German friend we met ventured to Phuket. It took an annoyingly long amount of time to get to the beach but it was a nice change of pace from the chill of the island. That night we managed to find a cool bar with a live band and buckets of cocktails. It sounded like a great combo until the hangover hit and I spent the next day waiting to die whilst the German and Charlotte fed and hydrated me!! Thanks for the toastie by the way!

We said goodbye to the German at the airport and headed back to Bangkok for our final night before becoming lone Rangers. We tried and failed to get pedicures, had food and watched a movie in the hostel with Sam after we bumped into him. And then as we slept in different rooms it was time to begin the next chapter of my adventure.





Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s